Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mango!!! =d

I've been wanting to bake for a while but my last few attempts were extremely unsucssessful!!! For some weird reason they always overflow and ends up burnt in my oven. But I came across Florence's website (http://wlteef.blogspot.com/2005/03/mango-mousse-cake.html) which made me really want to bake so that's what I've been doing for the last couple of hours. When I finished baking the chiffon cake, I was exremly happy because everything was actually working out untill the part with the mousse -___-". I was reading some of the comments on the mango mousse and reliezed that I made a huge mistake, my whipping cream was kept at room temp. which would have explained why it didn't look like a mousse that much so I whipped it even more which caused the butter to seperate, which meant it was compeltely useless now. So I tried pouring it into a bag so that I could throw it out but who knew the bag would move >=[ (they're very deceiving creature) so some of it splashed on the floor but my mom was on the phone so she doesn't really know since I kind of cleaned it up before she came down =]. But I made a new batch so now one set of cake has the old batch and one set has the new one. I think I'll let it set overnight and try to decorate it tomorrow, lets hope they both turn out okay!!!

I will post pictures tomorrow! =]

Tomorrow (which is now today : ] ):

Just finished decorating and here are the pictures, the whipped cream is kind of nasty but everything from the recipe is really good. It's kind of badly decorated, not really good a decorating asian cakes -____-".

No comments:

Post a Comment