Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update : )

Finally!
I’ve been planning to create a blog for the longest time but never really got around to doing so but I've stored up a couple of photos to share with yall hehehe :3

Basically I started decorating when Wal-Mart hired me as a pt cake decorator and I just recently returned to work because school's over and I need money since next year I'll be going to University o__O!

So here's a quick timeline of me decorating life up till now:

March 14th 2009: Hoping into Spring (Portfolio)
I made it for my portfolio for university and just for fun- tried to make March a bit more colourful because it was constantly raining cats and dogs :3. I was again inspired by Su-Yin.
Feb. 7th-March 27th 2009: Floral Bracelet
This has nothing to do with cake decorating but I just wated to share this with everyone :3, I was inspired by Gulguvenc (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5992360). I know, it's not as beautiful as her designs but it was my attempt and I tried!

Dec. 19th 2008: Playing With Fondant- Winter
First time using fondant and the idea was obtained from Su-Yin (http://cookingismypassion.blogspot.com/), she's such an AMAZING decorator!!!

Nov. 1st 2008: Winter Cakes @ Wal-Mart
At this point, I only worked once a week at Wal-Mart so they basically let me decorate their seasonal cakes, which was AWESOME!!!!! These were the first designs I made that I kind of liked : )



June 1st-22nd 2008: Wilton's Course 2
After Course 1, obviously you'll take Course 2, which is what I did (esp. since they gave me a discount!). So up till the last class I was able to attend because I wasn't scheduled for work. Since I wasn't able to attend the last class I never got to do the finale cake so I saved all my flowers and decorations for my friend's birthday cake which is why it's different from the Wilton's Course 2 cake.


May 4th-25th 2008: Wilton's Course 1
Okay, this was when I was learning the basic techniques so don't laugh! I really didn't want to put the rainbow cake but I'll share it with you guys (and it wasn't even my first cake, my first one I did it @ Wal-Mart but I don't have a picture of it).


No comments:

Post a Comment